Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Path of Introspection - Simply Observing

I am on a new path that I had not dared to take before; it is the path of introspection, observing myself, without judgment for now, getting to know me.  If, I were to judge, it would be as if a stone was cast into the waters, and the reflected image would become distorted.  Remember the path is leading me to introspection, but until I get there, I will leave judgment behind.  In fact, maybe I shall never judge again, as I had for so long, and merely just discern...It seems so much gentler to discern, don't you think?

I have not forgotten you, all of you outside of myself; however, I left myself behind.  It is time to be re-acquainted with myself.

Someone asked me not long ago, "Do you know who you are?"  I thought for a moment, tempted to lie out of embarrassment that I at the age of 55 did not know who I was, I replied as I found my integrity, "I know who I am not, however, I don't know who I am."  At that moment, I knew it was time to take the journey within, to become acquainted with the one person that I have feared the most.

I know, I thought of Narcissus too.  I doubt there is a chance that I might fall in love with myself, if it were so, this is a journey that I would have already taken.  This is a journey that takes courage, trust me.  I am merely observing right now.

Watching, being aware...simply observing.  It's tempting to judge, and or to turn back, but then I remember that I am simply just observing, and I relax again, and I continue my journey.....

~ Blessings to you and ALL that pertains to you,
Lena







3 comments:

  1. May you have peace on this and every journey you embark on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Poetress,

    This is the most peace that I have had in a long time...This is a journey that I am looking forward too, even when the path brings me to the place of challenges. Right now, I am just observing, learning how to observe and feel safe.

    I love you Poetress...and the Children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too! I miss every moment of the journey life allowed me to take with you and find it cruel that it is all gone now. There is no other soul like yours that has allowed me this compassion. I am happy your journey is allowing you peace. May it endure and hold you as long as necessary. Blessings, peace and love always~

    ReplyDelete